LONG POND, Pa. (August 14, 2019) – Pocono Raceway will host fan events and activities, taking place both on and off the track, for guests attending the ABC Supply 500 race weekend. In addition to the stars of the NTT IndyCar Series returning to ‘The Tricky Triangle,’ the track will welcome back the Vintage Indycar Celebration presented by Classic Racing Times.
Kids, ages 12 and under, receive FREE gate admission and camp for FREE all weekend long. Grandstand Parking is FREE all weekend and coolers are allowed. Adult tickets start at $25 on Saturday and $45 on Sunday. Weekend camping tickets start at $200. Buy tickets by visitingwww.poconoraceway.com/tickets.
Grandstand Gates (Gates 8 and 11) and the Paddock open daily at 8 a.m. Grandstand Parking lots open between 6:00 – 7:00 a.m. each day. Fans attending should follow traffic patterns to enter through Gate 5 off PA Route 115 or Gate 7 off Long Pond Road. Tractor Trailers can bring their rigs to park in the Drydene Tractor Trailer Parking Lot by entering through Gate 7.
Before arriving to Pocono Raceway, guests should visit www.poconoraceway.com/faninfo for an A-Z guide of information including what items are approved for entry into the track, guest policies and much more.
For a full schedule of detailed events and activities, visit www.poconoraceway.com/schedule. Several key events, including on-track racing action, are provided below.
ABC Supply 500: Main On-Track Activities
Friday, August 16:
- 9:30 a.m. – Vintage 2.5 Mile & Road Course Groups (For Camping Guests Only)
- 3:30 p.m. – 3/4 Midget Racing (Located Near Pit Exit Before Turn 1, Open to Public)
Saturday, August 17:
- 8:00 a.m. – Vintage Road Course Touring Groups
- 9:30 a.m. – NTT IndyCar Series Practice
- 10:45 a.m. – Vintage 2.5-Mile Track Groups
- 10:45 a.m. – Vintage Road Course Touring Groups
- 12:30 p.m. – NTT IndyCar Series Qualifying
- 2:10 p.m. – Vintage 2.5 Mile Track Group
- 4:00 p.m. – NTT IndyCar Series Final Practice
- 5:30 p.m. – 3/4 Midget Racing (Located Near Pit Exit Before Turn 1, Open to Public)
Sunday, July 28th:
- 1:30 p.m. – Pre-Race Stage Activities Begin
- 1:35 p.m. – NTT IndyCar Series – Push Out of Cars
- 2:03 p.m. – NTT IndyCar Series Driver Introductions
- 2:45 p.m. – ABC Supply 500 NTT IndyCar Series Green Flag (200 Laps/500 Miles)
ABC Supply 500: Fan-Driven Events and Activities
Events/Activities on Multiple Days:
- NEW FOR 2019: FREE Carnival – Located in Fan Fair, the FREE Carnival will include five, fair-style fan favorites including the ‘Round-Up’, ‘Tornado’ and ‘Cobra,’ as well as, a giant slide and swing. These rides are free to all gate admission ticket holders over the three-days of race festivities. There will also be a few classic, pay-to-play arcade games.
- NEW FOR 2019: Pocono Mountains Activities & Welcome Center – Camping guests can access the new Pocono Mountains Activities & Welcome Center for daily activities and programs for all ages. It will be staffed from 12:00 – 6:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. It will also be open from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Sunday. The Center is located in the Infield along Earnhardt Road and between the #POCONOMTNS Inclusive Playground and Pocono Raceway’s Bark Park. Stop by to see the complete schedule of activities.
- 3/4 Midget Racing: The Gate 1 Tunnel will be open from 3:00-9:00 p.m. on Friday. Guests, ages 13 and up, are required to pay $20, per person, upon entering Gate 1 while kids (ages 12 and under) are FREE. On Saturday evening, all Saturday ticket holders and kids (ages 12 and under) will have FREE access to the 3/4 Midget Racing by showing their Saturday Gate Admission ticket at the Gate 1 Tunnel starting at 5:00 p.m. All adult guests, ages 13 and up, who would like to attend the 3/4 Midget Racing without a Saturday Grandstand ticket will be required to pay $20, per person, starting at 5:00 p.m. This event is complimentary for ABC Supply 500 race weekend camping guests. Fans will directed down Bertil Roos Road to park and where to enjoy the racing action once inside the Infield.
- Camping Activities at the Playground and Dog Bark – Camping guests have complimentary access to the #POCONOMTNS Inclusive Playground and Bark Park daily. Both are located in the Infield along Earnhardt Road. The Playground allows kids of all abilities and ages to learn, grow and play together. The Bark Park is a great place for dogs of all sizes.
Thursday August 15:
- ABC Supply 500 Camping Opens – The Infield and Family Grandstand camping areas open at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday for allABS Supply 500 race weekend camping guests. All camping guests must visit RV Registration upon arrival to check in. RV Registration is located near the corner of Long Pond Road and PA Route 115.
Friday, August 16:
- Vintage Indycar Celebration Presented by Classic Racing Times: Camping guests will be able to enjoy a car show in the paddock from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Vintage Road Course Touring groups from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 – 3:00 p.m., as well as Vintage 2.5-Mile Track Groups from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:15-2:45 p.m. on Friday. Again, these events are for ABC Supply 500 race weekend camping guests only.
- 3/4 Midget Racing: See practices and heat races featuring 3/4-style Midgets from 3:30-9:00 p.m. on Friday. This event is complimentary to all ABC Supply 500 race weekend camping guests. The public may attend by entering through the Gate 1 Tunnel starting at 3 p.m. Kids (ages 12 and under) are FREE and ages 13+ are $20, each. Fans will be directed where to park once inside the Infield and the racing action takes place at the exit of Pit Road and before Turn 1.
Saturday, August 17:
- Will Power Selfie Session: Join us as two-time Pocono race winner, Will Power, will participate in a selfie session on Saturday morning. The event will take place in the Paddock and behind Victory Lane starting at 8:30 a.m. Wristbands will be distributed starting at 8 a.m. and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. A Paddock Pass is required due to the location of this event.
- Ray Evernham’s “Ghost” Modified 200 MPH Attempt: Ray Evernham will attempt to clock his “Ghost” Modified at 200 miles per hour on Saturday at 11:50 a.m. This event will take place on the main 2.5-Mile track and all guests attending can watch this attempt at the record books.
- Vintage Indycar Celebration Autograph Session: Featuring legendary racers Ray Evernham, Geoff Bodine, Al Unser Jr and many more. This event will take place in the Paddock and behind Victory Lane on Saturday from 12:15 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Saturday. A Paddock Pass is required to attend due to the location of this event. This event is being operated by The Classic Racing Times.
- 3/4 Midget Racing: Enjoy practices, heats and main events featuring 3/4-style Midgets from 5:30 – 10:00 p.m. on Saturday. This event is complimentary to all ABC Supply 500 race weekend camping guests, Saturday Gate Admission Ticket holders and kids (ages 12 and under). Sections 201 and 202 of the Grandstand will remain open until 8:30 p.m. For fans looking for closer access, please drive to the Gate 1 Tunnel to enter the track and you will be directed on where to park once in the Infield. Anyone not holding a Saturday Gate Admission ticket and is ages 13+ can attend for $20, per person, at the Gate 1 Tunnel starting at 5 p.m.
- Fast Cars Fast Girls Podcast: Join Pocono Raceway and the PAIN Tour with a live edition of the “Fast Cars Fast Girls Podcast” on Saturday. This event will take place in Club Pocono, located in the Paddock and across from the Infield Café, from 6:00-7:00 p.m. Camping guests, Saturday Gate Admission Ticket Holders, Kids ages 12 and under are able to attend. A Paddock Pass is required to attend due to the location of this event. The podcast, hosted by Abby and Molly, will also feature several special guests.
Sunday, July 28th:
- Acoustic Music at the Fan Welcome Center – Visit Pocono Raceway’s Fan Welcome Center, located inside Fan Fair and between Gates 9 and 10. Anyone with a Sunday Gate Admission Ticket or ABC Supply 500 race weekend camping guests with a Paddock Pass can attend. Local musicians Joe O’Malley will perform from 10:00 – 12:00 p.m. and Eric McClelland will play from 12:00- 2:00 p.m.
- INDYCAR Driver Autograph Session: All NTT IndyCar Series drivers competing in the ABC Supply 500 will participate. This event will take place inside the INDYCAR Fan Village in Fan Fair, from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. on Sunday. For more details visit the INDYCAR Fan Village upon your arrival, but get here early as pace is limited!
- ABC Supply 500 Pre-Race Activities and Honorary Positions: NTT IndyCar Series cars will be pushed out to the grid at approximately 1:30 p.m. The Grand Marshal for the ABC Supply 500 will be Dony Portillo, Managing Partner of ABC Supply in Rahway, N.J. The Honorary Starter will be Michael Hydro, Outside Sales for ABC Supply in Cedar Knolls, N.J. Driver Introductions will begin at 2:03 p.m. The National Anthem will be performed by the Pennsylvania Army National Guard’s 28th Division Ceremonial Band at 2:28 p.m. The command to fire engines will take place at 2:39 p.m. and the green flag to start the ABC Supply 500 is scheduled for 2:45 p.m. ET
*Date, times and locations are subject to change without notice. All times listed are Eastern Standard Time. For tickets, certain terms, conditions and fees may apply.