The next Verizon IndyCar race will be the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at Barber Motorsports Park. The 2.38 mile purpose built road course should give teams the first opportunity to race with plenty of aero kit data as the entire series tested there just a few weeks ago. The race will air live on NBCSN at 3:00 PM EST and can also be steamed on NBC Live Extra.
Checkout www.indycar.com and check the weekend schedule. You can watch live timing and scoring and listen to the IMS Radio network during practice and qualifying.
Yes, Carlin and their rookie standout Ed Jones have won the first three races of the year, but that doesn’t tell the whole story. The team and their driver were certainly the class of the field at St. Petersburg, but if qualifying and race pace is any indication, it appears that SPM with Curb-Agajanian and Juncos Racing have started to close the gap.
LONG BEACH, Calif. - Results Sunday of the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Verizon IndyCar Series event at the 1.968-mile Streets of Long Beach circuit, with order of finish, starting position in parentheses, driver, chassis-engine, laps completed and reason out (if any):
1. (3) Scott Dixon, Chevrolet, 80, Running
2. (1) Helio Castroneves, Chevrolet, 80, Running
3. (2) Juan Pablo Montoya, Chevrolet, 80, Running
4. (5) Simon Pagenaud, Chevrolet, 80, Running
5. (7) Tony Kanaan, Chevrolet, 80, Running
6. (9) Sebastien Bourdais, Chevrolet, 80, Running
7. (6) Josef Newgarden, Chevrolet, 80, Running
8. (10) Marco Andretti, Honda, 80, Running
9. (12) Carlos Munoz, Honda, 80, Running
10. (11) Sebastian Saavedra, Chevrolet, 80, Running
11. (8) Graham Rahal, Honda, 80, Running
12. (13) James Hinchcliffe, Honda, 80, Running
13. (4) Ryan Hunter-Reay, Honda, 80, Running
14. (16) Jack Hawksworth, Honda, 80, Running
15. (15) Charlie Kimball, Chevrolet, 80, Running
16. (17) Gabby Chaves, Honda, 80, Running
17. (21) Conor Daly, Honda, 80, Running
18. (20) Takuma Sato, Honda, 80, Running
19. (19) James Jakes, Honda, 80, Running
20. (18) Will Power, Chevrolet, 79, Running
21. (22) Francesco Dracone, Honda, 78, Running
22. (14) Luca Filippi, Chevrolet, 77, Running
23. (23) Stefano Coletti, Chevrolet, 69, Running
Point Standings: Montoya 119, Castroneves 116, Kanaan 93, Dixon 87, Hinchcliffe 83, Power 80, Pagenaud 73, Newgarden 66, Bourdais 66, Rahal 62.
if you are a vintage car buff do yourself a favor and log onto www.svra.com
and subscribe to Vintage Racing Quarterly
. It is a first class magazine that keeps you up to date with the Sportscar Vintage Racing events will be staged, when and read about the cars we grew up loving. You also get interviews with some of the drivers who actually raced the cars.